Commercial Development Executive
Salary Guide: Starting £28K (plus bonus - annually)
We are Delighted to be working on our Client’s behalf in securing an enthusiastic, professional Candidate to join their fantastic team here in Edinburgh…..
This is a unique Opportunity which will suit a genuine People Person who thrives on building long standing client relationships through strong communication skills – this is not a role where just sending an email will do; this is about getting to know your clients face to face, on the phone and going above and beyond.
The success of this fantastic, varied role will be up to you! You may have a proven track record within hospitality / account management and are keen to secure a role where all of your skills are taken to the next level.
You are ‘super’ organised, love the ‘arts’, theatre, etc. and thrive on being extremely busy….. Having a natural winning way with people is at the heart of this role whilst offering an exceptional ‘client experience’.
A truly exciting opportunity to join this Forward Thinking, Proactive ‘Accommodation Providers’ Company who offer an exceptional ‘tailored’, bespoke and personal service to all clients…
This exciting role will be based in the company’s Head Office in Edinburgh; however, you will be visiting other UK Cities as part of the job..
We are keen to meet a genuine ‘People Person’ who is a fantastic ‘face to face’ communicator / someone who thrives on building long term, strong relationships with all clients and always goes that extra mile…. A ‘nothing is too much trouble’ work ethic and a positive, ‘super’ friendly attitude.
Along with your first class ‘face to face’ communication skills, you excel on delivering an enviable ‘client experience’ from start to finish – getting to know your clients’ requirements, needs etc. is crucial to the success of this post.
Purpose of the Role – To develop commercial relationships with new clients and commercial providers for year-round bookings within the entertainment industry
- Be able to manage, navigate and project/ predict the business flow of bookings, touring productions and city to city needs whilst having excellent Project Management Skills to manage these bookings with Accounts and on-site reception teams.
- Key to success is to be a self-starter and self-motivator and keen to do sales Research & Strategy
Assisted on weekly-Monthly goals & targets with Brand and Sales Director.
- Must be driven
- Keen to develop close relationships (on-going)
- Be enthusiastic of the brand, role and what makes the company different and translate this (believe in the Brand)
- to be excellent at selling the company’s USP whilst managing ongoing relationships and developing new ones.
- Have exceptional Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Have excellent Collaboration Skills
- Not a quitter!
- Genuine People Person
- Extremely well organised
- Have fantastic Negotiation & Persuasion skills
- Have excellent Computer Skills, understand excel and have good telephone manners (warm & friendly)
- Efficient and extremely hard-working
- Have excellent Business Intelligence understand the role of KPIs and be driven by achieving targets and excelling them.
- A level of Calm
- Works well under pressure
- Strong Time Management
- Interested and Interesting
- Not afraid of hard work
(This includes being tactful and diplomatic at all times.)
Achieving your set goals require that you are able to learn when to compromise and when to take a stand. In order to persuade your prospects to do what needs to be done, you will need to win their hearts, minds, and trust.
You will need to have strong research and strategic analysis skills. These are necessary in order to benchmark the competition and keep the company ahead of it.
Finally, key to this role is
‘Developing the company as a UK brand commercially and selling the company (Brand) to its best potential.’ The ongoing success and growth of the role is down to you…..
May suit a candidate with a background in ‘Bespoke’ Hospitality… / Account Management
- Trial period 6 months with key targets being assessed.
- Times: Mon-Friday 9-5 however during summer – hours dependant on needs of the business so must be flexible.
- Holidays pro rata however red zones during summer apply when no holidays for team members are permitted (July-Start of Aug, then mid-tail end of Aug).