Private Residential Letting Manager
Salary Guide: £40,000 to £42,000 depending on level of experience
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Property Professional who is equally an excellent People Manager to take their skill-set and knowledge to the next level…
Our client is looking for an exceptional candidate who comes with a Comprehensive understanding of the Private Letting Sector; ideally Mid-market.
A positive ‘People Manager’ with the ability to train, coach and mentor others in groups or one to one.
The successful person will lead a small subsidiary company which forms part of a larger group. There are already plans for on-going growth moving forward therefore fantastic potential for the right candidate.
Excellent communication skills and a ‘hands on’ approach to Property Management… Ensuring the delivery of excellent housing management services to tenants.
You will also be successful at identifying New Business opportunities and bringing these proposals forward to the Senior Team for consideration…
|The primary purpose of this role is to effectively lead and manage a team delivering private sector housing management services in line with the organisations 21st Century Leadership principles.
You will be expected to show leadership across the organisation making a positive contribution to creation and maintenance of an organisational culture in line with the Company’s stated values.
The successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively with relevant managers across the organisation in:
· building and maintaining staff engagement
· contributing to the development of strategic plans and business/delivery plans needed by the parent or any of its subsidiaries
· identifying and contributing to business improvement
· ensuring relevant and fair people management practices
The Manager will also be specifically accountable for ensuring the effective delivery by staff of the following technical/specialist functions:
· Managing non- social housing tenancies
· Business development and marketing
|Area of Work||Key Accountabilities (you will be held accountable for)|
|Organisational Leadership||· Making an effective contribution to business decision making through relevant meeting structures and relationships across the organisation
· Contributing appropriately to the development of, and communicating, the Group’s vision, values and strategic plans
· Contributing to the development of relevant business/delivery plans
· Contributing to, and ensuring that, a culture is established and maintained that is in line with the organisations stated values
· Demonstrating behaviour aligned with the organisation’s values
· Providing the Board with appropriate information needed to effectively govern the company.
· Ensuring information, records and reports required by management are delivered accurately and to agreed deadlines
· Ensuring, and contributing to, effective communication with and motivation of staff across the organisation and specifically within teams directly in designated Departments
· Effectively representing the organisation at relevant networks, groups and forums
|Lead & Manage||· Ensuring direct reports receive the support and motivation required to maximise their performance & carry out their roles
· Ensuring all activities required to build high performing teams are identified and carried out including the management of relationships between and across team members
· Ensuring the Team has clear work delivery plans, and these are understood by team members
· Effectively controlling the delivery of agreed outputs set out in team delivery plans Identifying and supporting process improvements
· Effectively managing any HR issues in line with relevant policies and procedures
|Policy & Process Management||· Ensuring all policies and procedures are fit for purpose and reviewed and updated within agreed timeframes
· Ensuring the organisation has all relevant policies and procedures required to operate the functions for which the Team are accountable
|Budget Management||· Establishing and effective controlling budgets relating to the work of the Team|
|Procurement Management||· Conducting relevant procurement exercises in line with the organisation procurement policy and procedures|
|Programme and Project Management||· Effectively planning and controlling the delivery of programmes and projects allocated|
|Housing Management||· Ensuring the delivery of excellent housing management services to tenants
· Ensuring that performance targets are met with regard to rental income, letting and other KPI’s as required
· Ensuring that complaints are handled in accordance with Group policy
|Business Development||· Identifying new business opportunities and bringing forward proposals to the Board for consideration.
· Ensuring that services provided by are marketed effectively
|About You / Attributes|
|Self-motivated and able to act with minimal supervision
Proactive, encouraging People Management skills
|Articulate and customer focussed
Clear and concise communication skills
|Full clean UK driver’s Licence
Excellent IT skills
|Educated Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework Level 9 (ordinary degree) or equivalent experience in a private sector letting related discipline|
|Membership of a chartered or nationally recognised professional body in a specialist area relevant to the role|
|Evidence of continuous professional development in management skills|
|CIH Level 3 Certificate in Letting and Managing Residential Property or equivalent|
|Experience (typically 5yrs+) in an open/mid market residential letting role|
|Experience in private sector sales|
|Experience (typically 5+yrs) of working with the public as customers|
|Experience (typically 3 – 5 yrs) of contributing to the development of policies and procedures|
|Track record (typically 3+yrs) of effectively leading and motivating people|
|Experience (typically 1 – 3yrs) of using a computer based integrated customer management system|
|Experience (typically 3+yrs) of managing budgets and resources|
|Experience (typically 3+yrs) of leading and delivering projects and managing improvements|