Edinburgh (City Centre)
We are delighted to be assisting our Client; a well established and respected Property Company in securing an extremely ‘hard-working and well organised’ candidate to join their professional team.
You must have exceptional Administration, Organisational and first class Communication skills together with excellent IT Skills – particularly Microsoft Office. A Full Clean Driver’s Licence is essential.
We are keen to meet with Candidates who have experience within the following sectors – Letting/Property Mgt / Block Management / Student Accommodation / Housing Association – MMR
The department is expanding and our client is looking for the right person to come on board with bags of enthusiasm and a high level of initiative…. & ‘Can do’ work ethic.
This is an exciting opportunity for a vibrant individual to join our client’s ambitious team. Working within the /Build To Rent Department which is part of the Letting Team based in Edinburgh, the successful candidate will handle all administration in relation to the letting of properties, including liaising with tenants and Corporate Landlords. You will be highly organised with exceptional IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office.
- Responding to daily calls and emails
- Sending lease documents to tenants, monitoring they are returned and signed correctly
- Drawing up lease documents and serving Notice to Quit documents to terminate lease agreements
- Filing and changing of files for the Build To Rent team including the dead filing system and retrieval of dead files on request.
- Dealing with utility and Council Tax bills for void periods, checking readings, dates etc.
- Arranging access to properties for safety and maintenance works
- Monitoring and chasing of Public Liability Insurance for all contractors, linking certificates and updating details
- Re-marketing of properties ensuring all details are correct and up-to-date including photographs
- Dealing with reference requests for tenants
- General administration duties, including editing/adding emails/letters or information to the database and scanning/photocopying
- Lodging deposits within the approved tenancy deposit scheme
- Diary management for the Portfolio Managers
- Database management; Coordination of mail shots
Desired Skill-set / Experience
- Letting and property management experience is preferred. New homes experience considered. Student Accommodation background considered.
- Excellent internal customer service
- An organised approach to administration
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Have excellent IT skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office package and good keyboard skills
- Ability to multi-task, methodically and calmly, in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral (good grammar)
- Knowledge of REAPIT and QUBE would be beneficial
- Full UK Driver’s Licence (manual)
- Used to working to deadlines
- Excellent diary management
- Initiative / Initiative / Initiative
- Take direction well
- Eye for detail – extremely efficient work ethic
- Positive attitude