Residential Letting Co-ordinator
Salary Guide: £18,000 to £20,000
A great opportunity to join this well established Letting Agency based in Edinburgh – this is an extremely varied role which would suit a ‘Customer Focused’, extremely organised individual who enjoys dealing with a busy work-load as part of a small team.
Residential Letting experience is desirable – SME experience preferred; however training will be available.
(ARLA qualified preferred but not essential, however, expectation to obtain.)
- Oversee and manage all operations associated with the front office.
- Line manager for one Admin Assistant.
- Hours 9-5pm, Monday-Friday
- Ensure a friendly, helpful, honest and efficient attitude is maintained when dealing with the public, face-to-face over the telephone so as to enhance the professional image of the Company and provide a high quality of service.
- Applicant care in line with company procedures
- Efficiently deal with Landlord and Tenant enquiries
- Issue and monitor keys
- Develop exceptional working relationships with clients to encourage repeat business and recommendations
- Match properties, provide property information
- Feedback to Landlords, Tenants and Applicants following viewings
- Provide best informed advice on all offers to landlord
- Negotiating the terms of tenancies with landlords and tenants
- Inform line manager of all progress/ problems on a timely basis
- Compile property file paperwork
- Upload info to referencing partner and check on progress
- Prepare tenancies and associated paperwork via SME Professional
- Work with external partners regarding move in and outs
- Instruct Inventories and final inspections
- Negotiate renewals when applicable for properties and manage the paperwork
- Monitor diary on a daily basis
- Ensure effective use of all marketing methods available to promote properties
- Keep up to date with market and legal updates
- Maximise department revenues and grow the property portfolio
- Have an in-depth understanding of the local market
- To explain fully the terms and conditions of business and to negotiate, wherever possible, the full or part use of all our services, i.e. Let Only, Rent collection and Fully Managed.
- To keep under review the letting price of properties and advise the landlord, as appropriate, of any price adjustments necessary to ensure the property is competitively priced for the prevailing market.
- To carry out any other duties as required or requested by a member of Management.
Attributes / Skill-set
Excellent Administrative skills
Customer Service skills – clear communication both written and verbal
Excellent Organisational skills
Strong eye for detail
‘can do’ attitude
Ideally you will have some Residential Letting experience and knowledge
Experience in dealing with a wide variety of clients
Helpful and friendly personality
Enjoys working in a small team