Team Leader/Senior Property Manager
Salary Guide: £35K to £37K
Fantastic Opportunity for an Exceptional, Experienced Property Manager looking to move beyond their current role. The post will also suit someone with people management experience of a small team.
You will be looking after a property portfolio of approximately 350 properties along with 2 to 3 other members of staff who you will also be responsible for. This is a great chance to grow into the role alongside the company expanding in line with the growth of the portfolio. A team would be built around you and you would be an integral part of the business moving forward.
The role would involve splitting your time between being a senior property manager and managing the workload of your team. The teams’ diary management, performance and troubleshooting of issues within your portfolio would also be your responsibility.
Experience of the SME software would be advantageous and a full clean driving licence is a must.
Responsibilities of the role
- Management of existing portfolio of circa 500 properties with the help of 2/3 other staff members.
- This includes the arrangement of maintenance, and works including service agreements, re-letting, routine property visits, HMO renewals and ensuring the landlord and the property complies with all legal requirements in relation to the let from start to finish.
- Adding new properties under management where required, including liaison with new landlords regarding property appraisals, legal documents, keys, advertising properties and arranging required maintenance works at the initial stages.
- Conducting property viewings, routine property visits and pre-check-ins as required – from booking initial viewings, to attending properties, and liaising/ coordinating with the relevant team members.
- Reviewing property applications and reporting to the landlord.
- Managing and prioritising daily, weekly monthly tasks within timescales.
- Keeping accurate and up to date records on company SME database relating to all properties.
- Providing support to tenants throughout their rental period from application, tenancy agreement (PRT) and deposit process, through to check in, inventory process, rental period and check out of tenancy.
- Managing rental statements and accounts.
- Ensuring advertisement of properties are managed correctly – e.g., photography, advertising media, accuracy.
- Resolving any disputes and complaints within portfolio, when applicable.
- Additional Ad-hoc roles as required in the office and to assist the team.
- Attending training meetings and courses for CPD and to keep up to date with property legislation and regulation to keep landlords and tenants safe.
- Client focused, professional with the requisite skills to establish and maintain relationships.
- A self-motivated person who can work on their own initiative or in a team whilst achieving targets.
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently in a pressurised environment.
- An optimistic individual with a good attitude and someone who encourages team moral.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to manage challenging demands.
- The role requires the strictest attention to detail and accuracy.
- Speak and write fluent English with evidenced Right to Work in the UK.
- Capable of organising large volumes of work for themselves and delegating work to others
- Be able to accurately prioritise workloads – both you own and your team members’
- Able to multi-task, work to tight deadlines and produce high quality work under pressure.
- Proficient diary management.
- Able to innovate and identify improvements to the service offered.
- Ability to make decisions, solve problems and manage people and tasks.
- An honest individual with high levels of personal integrity.
- A great team player who is willing to show flexibility and adaptability where required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An individual who strives for continuous improvement and development.
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years Property Management Experience
- ARLA Level 6 qualification, or equivalent (LETWELL/SafeAgent) desirable or expected to be obtained within 1 year of being appointed to the role.
- Excellent PC skills, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Full driving licence essential
- Customer Service
- People Management experience
- Team player
- Time Management
- Extremely well organised
- Excellent Admin skills
- There are several company cars (manual) which Team Members use.
- A great geographical knowledge of Edinburgh is desired.