Edinburgh (City Centre)
Salary Guide: £24,000 to £28,000 (depending on level of experience)
We are looking for an experienced individual to join this busy Residential Letting Team as a Property Manager.
Letting experience is important for the role, however, we welcome applications from those looking to take the next step in their career as well as those already working in a Property Manager position.
Our Client’s Property Managers are first point of contact for all tenants and landlords, from the initial viewing to the return of the deposit.
Other than experience in a property management role you will be a positive, ‘can do’ person, customer focused, team player, organised and keen to contribute to the evolution of the company.
The office is based in the centre of Edinburgh, close to amenities and transportation hubs making commuting easier and offering numerous opportunities for socializing and networking.
Note from our Client – ‘If you like to keep active, you can also take advantage of our free gym membership.’
In this role you will:
Be the first port of call for the clients in your portfolio.
Provide commercially sensitive market assessments on rental properties – you will be commercially aware and able to advise your clients on market trends.
Advise clients on the how best to maintain and improve their property –
Unlike many Property Management roles, you will not be dealing directly with the maintenance of the property (our dedicated Maintenance department do that), but you will be advising your clients on the work needed to maintain and improve their property.
Work with other departments to deliver excellent customer service – ensuring that everyone who engages with the company: colleagues, tenants, clients and contractors, are treated with respect and dignity.
Identify opportunities to streamline and improve delivery of service with an emphasis on the client journey
Outline of Property Manager Role:
- Responsible for the management of a portfolio of let properties based in Edinburgh from first viewing to return of the deposit.
- Review, develop and implement letting department procedures and software solutions in conjunction with the other members of the department
- Identify opportunities to add value for all clients
- Ensure all tasks are completed in accordance with SLA
- Resolve complaints quickly and identify opportunities to improve service
- Proactively advising clients on the management of their investment properties.
- Minimizing vacant periods, negotiating and enforcing leases, maintaining good relationships with all clients and tenants.
- Monitor rents, advise clients and adjust rents as appropriate
- Great Team member
- Excellent organisational skills
- Resilient and confident
- Commercial outlook
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Professional and calm demeanour under pressure
- Resourceful – able to find the right solution, not just the obvious one
- Proactive attitude to self-development
- Desire to keep up to date with industry trends and developments
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Private medical insurance
- Company pension scheme of 4%
- Hybrid working
- Gym membership
- Financial Support for professional qualification
- Regular in house training
- Bonus scheme
- Company events
- Property Management: 2 years (required)
- IT proficient
- Experience with SME professional or similar property based software essential
- Level 6 Property Management Qualification (preferred)
- Full Driving Licence (required)
The nitty gritty:
- Working within the Letting Team and alongside other departments, this is a broad and challenging role which will suit an experienced and customer service driven individual.
- Job Type: Full-time – Monday to Friday
- Work Location: Hybrid – Remote and in City of Edinburgh.
If you are looking for a supportive and friendly atmosphere, with an emphasis on fostering a positive and inclusive work culture, encouraging teamwork, creativity, and personal development, we would love to hear from you.