Salary Guide: £24,000 plus 10% Car Allowance (11%) non-contributory pension contribution to company scheme.
Glasgow (Regular visits to Dunfermline Head Office)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (including one weekend day per month and varied hours during the week).
Our Client is now looking for a Property Manager to cover its portfolio across the west of Scotland. This would include all aspects of property and tenancy management for the portfolio in Glasgow and Ayr, as well as marketing and letting new developments as acquired.
The company is in the process of developing office space in Glasgow where this role will also be based. Following an induction period in the Dunfermline head office, the successful candidate will be working from home until the Glasgow office is ready with weekly visits to the Dunfermline office.
There may also be support required to cover Edinburgh and Aberdeen areas from time to time.
The hours for this role will be flexible, but the role will include the requirement for availability at evenings and weekends as required. This may therefore suit someone who is looking for the ability to manage their own diary outside of traditional working patterns.
The Property Manager will join the Operations Team currently consisting of the Operations Director, two Operations Managers, Asset Manager and three Property Managers, two Administrators and a Maintenance Co-ordinator.
The applicant must have a LETWELL qualification, hold a clean driving licence and have access to a car.
- Overall management of a designated portfolio of developments to ensure tenants have a great place to live both in terms of their homes and the wider development ensuring that Company performance standards are met, properties meet all regulatory and Company’s own standards, and that services are delivered to customer service standards;
- Marketing properties and carrying out tenant viewings, reference checking, inventory creation, arranging deposit collection and tenancy sign-ups;
- Monitoring and managing rent accounts including taking appropriate action if rent arrears occur in line with the Company’s Rent Arrears Procedure;
- Carrying out regular estate inspections and annual property inspections and promptly arranging any remedial works / actions required;
- Dealing with all tenancy issues as reported, including Anti-Social Behaviour, property damage and neighbourhood issues;
- Dealing with low level complaints in line with Complaints Policy;
- Providing regular reports on all Key Performance Indicators including void times, rent arrears, lettings, repairs, complaints and any other reports as required;
- Liaising with Asset and Repairs Teams and with the Client’s preferred contractors for void works, responsive repairs and cyclical repairs including compliance works as they are identified to ensure that properties continue to meet the Repairing Standard;
- Collect feedback and annual surveys of tenants (and potential tenants) and reporting and implementing any findings to ensure that the Company is best meeting its objectives and providing a high quality of service to its tenants;
- Lodging deposits in line with regulatory requirements and managing deposit release process at the end of tenancies, including any disputes;
- Regular promotion of own portfolio across Client’s social medial channels; and
- All other activity related to the above, as discussed with the Operations Manager.
The candidate will be a motivated individual who:
- Has relevant and current experience in a customer service role;
- Has a strong track record in delivery of results and achieving commercial targets;
- Has obtained their LETWELL qualification;
- Has good interpersonal skills, a track record in relation to tenant management; and
- Has experience of letting and property management.
The candidate is expected to be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer service;
- Delivery focus;
- Team working.